Humax DRT-400 "programs will be erased"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humax DRT-400 "programs will be erased"

We only have 20-30 hours of material recorded - everything is on basic quality - and no "suggestions" recorded.

However, whenever we record something new, we get the message "the following programs may be erased" or erased early or whatever the message says exactly.

I have a horrible feeling that perhaps the disk is on its way out, and there are a horde of bad sectors. Dunno why, but I just have that feeling.

Don't remember any pixelation or pausing (which I believe I remember are symptoms of bad disks on other tivos i've owned), but what else might be causing this? Any way I can see my disk space usage?

No need to worry. The TiVo is only telling you what will be erased first if/when it runs out of space. You can have 1000000 hours and 1 show recorded, and it would still have the yellow circle unless you mark it "save until I delete."

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I don't believe that this is what's happening, however, because on my other two Tivo's I don't get that message. It's only on this one.

Comment

Then you might have the others set to "Save until I delete."

Comment

I may not have outlined the situation completely. I only have 20 shows saved on the Tivo at basic quality - that is, only 50% of the disk (20 hours) are used.

I record another show - not a season pass - simply one two-hour movie at basic quality. Thus, at the end of the process, 22 hours of the 40 hours I have available should be used.

However, I get a message saying other shows may be deleted. Why?

Comment

If it actually deleting shows, then it may be because you have some shows at higher than basic, or possible because you have a lot of action or other high-movement shows. The max capacity is 40 hours. That is the MAX, as if you are recording all C-SPAN. The actual recording hours will vary and could be 30 or so hours.

Comment

Working...
            X