AT&T Series2 - Red & amber lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT&T Series2 - Red & amber lights

Hi, I just purchased a replacement power supply from you. Unfortunately it is not working.

The TiVo in question was failing while powered up. If you power cycled it'd run for a period of time. As time marched on, the length of time it would stay up got shorter and shorter, until it wouldn't even get past "Powering up..." . I read that these have problems with power supplies, and I tested the hard drives out and it seemed to work fine. Moved the data to another drive, symtomps remain.

After putting in the replacement power supply, TiVo doesn't even show "Powering up". The front LEDs turn Red and amber ... and blink once. The drives spin up and the fan comes on. The video output turns on (RF channel 3 comes up black) but nothing on it. I tried putting the original power supply back in and it does the same thing.

It's an older unit so I knew trying a power supply was iffy but it has lifetime service. I don't have a drive here that has a "known good" image on it though. If you boot up a Series 2 with NO HD attached, should it at least show the "powering up" screen? Is it possible to return the power supply should we decide to just give up on our attempts to repair it?

Does anyone know what a red and amber light coming on means? Thanks for any insight.
    Last edited by djrobx; 03-14-2009, 12:32 AM.

Have you tried composite output, and no HD in the unit? In that case, you're right, it should give you a "welcome, powering up." If it doesn't, and that's the same with both power supplies, then you pretty clearly have a motherboard problem.

Yes, it's returnable (within 30 days of purchase).
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X