TIVO series 2 Freezing even after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIVO series 2 Freezing even after upgrade

I have an 80 hr Series 2 TIVO. A couple of weeks ago, it started freezing during live TV and required rebooting (can't say if it does it during recorded TV - never saw it happen though). This happened every hour or so. I talked to your company, ordered, and replaced the hard drive by their advice. It worked fine for about a day, now is doing the same thing again, with the new drive.

What do you think the problem is at this point?
    When I return the drive, since it didnt resolve my problem, is there still a fee?
    What do you recommend my best course of action is at this point? I have the lifetime TIVO service and don't want to do lose it.
    Thanks,
    Russ

Additional: after reading more of the support notes, I wanted to add that it seems like these problems may have started AFTER our power company did some work in the area and shut off the power for a day, then we had a couple of short outages. Power did come on and off a couple of times. All other electronics are working fine and the TIVO does power up and work normally up until the point when it freezes. I do not have it on an APC but will in the future.
    Last edited by russmd; 03-23-2009, 09:06 AM.

You may have a bad power supply, but freezes are more likely bad hard drives. But you might want to try a replacement power supply and see if that solves the problem:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-power-supply.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X