Simultaneous Lockp in different DVRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simultaneous Lockp in different DVRs

I have 3 DVRs connected to my DirecTV Service.
    unit 1: R10 with 270 hour capacity (purchased from Weaknees in 2008)
    unit 2: R10 with 67 hour capacity from DirecTV in 2005
    unit 3: R15 from DirecTV in 2008.

This past week all three units started freezing up. The first time all three froze at the same time, or at least within the same hour. We did NOT have a power surge or outage.

Since then the two R10 units froze at least once more, but not at the same time.

Any ideas?

Russ

Really, I'd guess it was a power issue that was just major enough to affect these, but not major enough to affect other appliances.

But you also could have had a surge on the satellite lines (lightning?) or some other dish or dish grounding problem.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I don't buy that.
      The first freeze up happened on a clear day, no lightning, no power problems.
      All of the units are protected with a pretty hefty home theater surge supressor.
      After the original freeze, 2 of the three units have frozen again, but at separate times. The R10 that my kids use froze twice just yesterday... clear weather other than cold, but not as colld as last month.

Here is some more info to consider. We typically do not keep the nunits connected to the phone because we never use PPV. We do this because when we first installed the larger R10 and the R15 we have an enormous number of local calls on our phone bill. We could only speculate that it was the TIVO so we unplugged the phone and the calls stopped. Now we plug in the phone once a month and initiate the phone connection ourself. Anyway, we made the phone calls the SAME DAY that the freeze ups started. Could this be related to a software download? Is it possible to back it out? You can never tell what is being sent into you DVR during the monthly maintenance connection. I assumed that it was the schedule guide, but I guess that must come in through the satelite not the phone.

Russ

Comment

There was no recent software download and we have received no complaints like yours, so I think it's highly unlikely.

Comment

Working...
        X