TiVo HD black screen issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo HD black screen issue

I purchased a TiVo HD from WK about 13 months ago and like several others I've also purchased from WK, have absolutely loved it. For some reason though, without any obvious cause the unit suddenly stopped functioning. I now have a black screen. I could hear the hard drive spinning, but none of the lights on the front panel are illuminated, the fan is not running and the wireless adapter is not getting any power. I disconnected all cables and power and tried to reboot without any success. After reading several posts and the troubleshooting advice, I thought it might be a bad power supply. I've had that problem in other units in the past with similar symptoms. I ordered a new power supply from WK which just arrived. I installed it easily. Unfortunately, it didnt change anything. I still get the exact same symptoms. Now I'm confused.... Anyone have any thoughts?

Have you tried rebooting without the WiFi adapter connected?

What exact model is this?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Yes. I tried rebooting without the wireless adapter attached. I also tried rebooting with nothing attached except the power cord. I get the same response...hard drive spins and nothing else happens...no lights on front panel and fan doesnt turn. I even tried plugging in to different power outlets.

I also tried rebooting with and without the cable cards inserted. No change.

The model is TCD652160.

Comment

So what power supply did you try in the unit? That does sound like the problem, but we don't currently have those in stock.

Comment

I provided the TiVo model number to WK thru the website contact screen and was informed that the only way to purchase a replacement for this unit thru WK was thru the power supply exchange program. I purchased the power supply last Wednesday with the arrangement that I'd mail WK my old power supply in exchange for a partial refund on the purchase price of the replacement. I have not returned anything yet because I'm not sure whether to return the power supply I purchased or the old one.

The power supply sent to me by WK does look slightly different from the original but has the same cabling and attachment points.

Did I purchase the wrong one?? I can provide my WK order number if that would be helpful for you to look it up.

Thanks for the help

Comment

The power supply you got is compatible. You got the right one.

Comment

So what next? Any other suggestions?

Comment

It sounds like you have motherboard problems, sorry to say. Best bet is a call to TiVo for a repair.

Comment

Working...
                X