james254

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• james254

I just change out and up graded my hard drive in a hughes HDVR2 with a 160 gb hard drive and it won't go pass the blue screen where it says your almost there just afew min. more. Your info with the unit said all I had to do was change them out with no prog. required, so I could use some help. Thanks
    Last edited by james254; 04-02-2009, 08:23 AM.

Did you use our kit with a pre-formatted drive, or just a drive that was unformatted?

Our kits don't require any other formatting because we do it here. Other drives do, definitely, require formatting.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

james254 hard drive problem

As for as I know it was suppose to come pre-formatted, do you mark them so I can tell if it is?

Comment

I think something similiar is happening on my upgrade (http://www.weaknees.com/details2/rs1t0t544.php).

My TiVo has been stuck on orange "Welcome! Powering up..." screen for about an hour and a half now. I just put my ear to the unit and I can faintly hear the drive accessing. I wish the instructions had something in it about "your unit should take <blah> time to power up." I thought once I swapped the drive the TiVo would boot, I'd reenter my setting (network, channels, etc), and be up and running.

As it stands I'm going to wait another 15 minutes, assume failure, and RMA this drive.
        Last edited by Jon231; 04-02-2009, 04:34 PM. Reason: clarify comment

Comment

james254 -

We don't mark the drive itself, no. But if you email us at [email protected] with your order number and exact TiVo model number, we can verify based on our records.

Comment

jon231 -

Same thing - please email us at [email protected] with your order number and exact TiVo model number.

Also, check your SATA to IDE adapter carefully and make sure it's fully seated. Often, the best connection is had by removing the tape backing and adhering the adapter to the drive.

Comment

Working...
            X