gxcebot reset dilerium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gxcebot reset dilerium

Hi there I have a gxcebot that has been having issues that started getting worse after I upgraded the drive to a 160gb 7200rpm western drive. At first the unit would reset to the power up screen and sit there forever after being on about 15-20min. Now it will randomly reset and sometimes get to tv and sometimes do a reset every 5 sec on the power up screen. I checked voltages ok at the drive connection at 12.38v and 5.20v. I also checked at the main board fan at about 5.23 during study operation and jumping to 12 during the reset cycles.

I did adjust the pot on the power supply up and that helped for keeping it on 30 min but now it just cycle resets until the lights go out completely and all you hear are the fans and HD. I tried unplugging the drive and letting it sit and it will eventually turn the lights off and sit with the fans on....

What do you think it is? Also this unit has the lifetime subscription so whatever has to be replaced I'd like to keep that going. Thank you.

Very hard to say for sure, but it might be worth trying a new power supply.

Comment

Not sure

I have another gxcebot coming from ebay to try parts but in the mean time...

I took an old pc power supply and hooked up its 12 & 5v connection to the HD and fans. I also cleaned up the paralax cable connections and tested the pins at 3v, 3v, 5v, 30v, and 24v.

Its a random restart but likes to do it more just after the orange light on the welcome screen.

It will happen at different places but more often the welcome screen.

Thanks for your help

update: Just for the heck of it I put in the original fireball drive but I am still getting the same resulting reset. Hopefully when the "new" unit arrives the power supply will work as a swap.

If anybody has any ideas on what might be going or what needs replacing I will be vey appreciative.

I can desolder and replace IC's if needed.
      Last edited by Zippygxcebot; 04-08-2009, 10:16 AM. Reason: adding info

Comment

Working...
      X