Newly purchased TivoHD powers off&back on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly purchased TivoHD powers off&back on

Bought a TivoHD directly from Tivo (it was to be my first foray into the wonderful world of Tivo).

It's connected to TimeWarner cable, and using ethernet for network connection.

Apparently it was already activated (I bought a year package). So it seemed simple as pie to setup, I gotta wait a few days for the cable folks to send someone out with my CableCards. It seemed to go through the guided setup ok.

About an hour later, it powered off & came back up to the Powering Up screen, & went through the startup sequence again. I thought it was because I had clicked on the wrong thing in the menu since I was messin with the remote when it happened.

Then it happened 4 more times over the course of the next 3 hours.

I called Tivo & their only suggestion is that it's happening cuz the Tivo is connected to a UPS???

Suggestions or ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

That was honestly TiVo's response? That is absurd.

I would recommend you try going through setup again WITHOUT the CableCARD(s) to see if that eliminates the rebooting. If it does, then you probably have bad CableCARDs.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      That was honestly TiVo's response? That is absurd.

I would recommend you try going through setup again WITHOUT the CableCARD(s) to see if that eliminates the rebooting. If it does, then you probably have bad CableCARDs.
      Sorry, think you misunderstood.

I'm waiting on the CableCards...there's a 3 day wait for the tech visit right now.

Overnight, just as a test, I set it to record continuously (just set it to record every show from bedtime til now on a particular channel).

It appears to have reset one time (I can tell because there are two copies of one of the shows, one about 5 minutes long, then the other about 18 minutes long). It's like it was recording...suddenly power-cycled...and then started recording again when it came back up.

I've now tested it with it plugged into the UPS and directly into the wall. Issue remains.

Comment

I think you might need a new box.

Comment

They're RMAing it.

How often do these TivoHD's end up DOA?

Comment

Fortunately, not too often.

Comment

Thanks again for your help, I know you guys had no reason to help since this wasn't one of your products.

Comment

Working...
              X