Spontaneously Divorced External Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spontaneously Divorced External Drive

I was rearranging my TiVos when I heard a click. The external drive for one of the TiVos had turned off. I perhaps should have waited for the TiVo to go into "Missing External Storage Device" mode, but I impulsively turned the drive back on, and then unplugged and replugged the TiVo.

Next thing I know, I got a GSOD/MFS assert that ended up divorcing the drive. Needless to say, I was aghast. I can send the TiVo back to have the drives remarry, but as most of you can guess, most of the recordings are toast.

Any idea what happened? Even if there was a corruption issue, how did that end up divorcing the entire external drive without my explicitly three-thumbing my permission? Thanks for any help!!

We've really never seen that before - pretty strange. But not much you can do now except have us re-marry the drives.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      We've really never seen that before - pretty strange. But not much you can do now except have us re-marry the drives.
      I'm desperately grasping at straws, but because MFS assert unilaterally divorced the external, and the external from KS54 viewpoint is working fine, could I send a note giving you guys carte blanche (again, a pipedream carte blanche, granted) to try and see if anything is salvageable (outside of the stuff exclusively on the internal drive, which is intact)?

Could mirroring the data from the external drive to an (official) WD Expander (lots of work, I know) force the unit to recognize the external drive? (I know, I know, but I had to ask....)

Comment

Looks like there's a note in your record, but we're really not optimistic. The indexes are likely now empty of that data.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X