TiVo static sound in shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo static sound in shows

My TiVo has bad sound quality. It is not all the time and it is intermittent, but some shows are recorded with no sound and some with huge static amounts or bad static spikes. The pictures is fine at all times. Sometimes the sound makes a click when fast forwarding also, but again its not all shows and not all the time. It is very random. Is this a hard drive issue or something else? Is there anyway to verify its a hard drive issue or not? The box in question is a lifetime box that was previously upgraded to 3 x 160GB drives by Weaknees but I really cant afford to buy a new one right now and am trying to figure out if there is a better way to get this checked and fixed if its affordable to do so. I even have 2 drives that are new to use in replacement but I have never tried doing the TiVo copy over and replace drive swaps and am hesitant to try if I cant verify in some way that is the problem.

I was looking for some place local that could assist but was unable to find anything so I figured I would come back to Weaknees and see if I can get to the bottom of this here.

Thanks.

Doesn't sound drive-related to me. You might want to try connecting it to another location/room/home to rule out interference. If that doesn't change anything, it may require a TiVo motherboard repair.

Comment

Working...
    X