Broken Fan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Fan?

I have a Tivo Series 2 TCD24008A that I recently had some issues with, but after replacing the power source seemed to work fine. A couple weeks later however, the fan stopped working causing the Tivo to shut down due to overheating. Naturally, I figured I'd replace the fan and be back in business. Unfortunately the new fan doesn't work either. Once I plug in the unit, the fan kicks for half a second, but then nothing. Is it possible the power source I installed is faulty? Or could something else be going on here?

Sounds like a more serious problem. We can repair the motherboard here, but that's only worthwhile if you have lifetime service.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

This is not a common problem. I'd suggest you get a fan that gets power from the hard drive, rather than the motherboard. We unfortunately don't have them for that model TiVo, but you should be able to find one online.

Comment

I do have a lifetime service (thus my motivation for repair). On average, what does motherboard repair typically go for (time, cost, etc.). As a secondary option, if the fan inoperablity is the only misfunction (noticeably), then would a smaller outside fan or even one with direct power source connectivety be a viable option? How might I find one?

Comment

See this page for your best options:

http://www.weaknees.com/tff-repair.php
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X