TIVO series 2 video problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIVO series 2 video problems

Well, we had the electric company in the neighborhood doing work on the power lines the other night. They were supposed to be shutting down the power during this time but I noticed that a couple of the lights we had on still were flickering like they were just getting a little bit of juice. Now to the Tivo... Since that night, it's got a problem that I haven't been able to find anywhere. It outputs video that appears like a scrambled channel from the cable company. The powering on screens, the menus, etc. Everything out of the tivo is scrambled. We are using RCA cables for the connection. I have tried power cycling and re-seating everything but to no avail. It's a 4 year old box so it was probably due for an issue of some sort, but it still bums me out. The Tivo model # is TCD540080. Is there any hope? I could probably take a picture of the bad video if I had to. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give!

Jay

That sounds like a bad motherboard. We have a repair option that would cover that:

http://www.weaknees.com/tff-repair.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Doh!

I figured that would be the issue. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X