Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo HD picture problems

Hi everybody,

About a week ago, I started seeing clouds of flickering blue and red pixels on my TV connected to a Tivo HD when watching live tv, videos transferred from my PC, and in the Tivo menus. These clouds of pixels appear both when the Tivo is connected to the TV via HDMI and via component cables. I've tested the Tivo with two different TVs (Sony Bravia LCD and a nearly new Samsung LCD if that matters), with various different cables, in various power outlets and have seen the problem with all combinations. The common element seems to be the Tivo. Further, I tried replacing the hard drive in the Tivo with a 1TB WD green drive, but the problem persists.

At this point, I guess I'd have to conclude that the problem is with either the motherboard, the power supply, or maybe even the power cord (these are the only things I've been unable to truly test).

Any ideas of what could be wrong? Suggestions? I haven't called Tivo yet because the unit is a few months out of warranty and I fear what they might charge me to fix it. My biggest worry is losing the lifetime service that I bought for it only a little over a year ago.

Thanks for reading!

Most likely, it's a motherboard if you've ruled out cable, interference, TV, etc. Doesn't sound like a power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
      Most likely, it's a motherboard if you've ruled out cable, interference, TV, etc. Doesn't sound like a power supply.
      Thanks for the reply, Jeff. Any idea where I might find a replacement? I looked on the weaknees website but didn't see anything. Also, would replacing the motherboard myself void the lifetime subscription?

It seems like I might have to give the Tivo folks a call.

Comment

If you replace the motherboard, you lose your service. We offer a repair service for most TiVo models, but in your situation, I think calling TiVo might be the better way to go.

Comment

Working...
        X