Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use a uSB Hub to connect two TIVOs

I have two TVIOs next to each other, one USB to Ethernet adapter, and one
    Cat 5 cable to a router in the basement that has no more available ports for another cable even if I had one to connect it to. I came to the weeknees website with the intention of purchaseing another USB to Ethernet adapter but
    after thinking about how I could not connect another cat 5 cable into the router
    even if I had one to connect, I thought I would ask for expert advice. I have to use the USB to Ethernet adapter on one of my series 2 TIVO's because it does not have a working modem. It is a Toshiba SD400 and the one that has a working modem is a Humax DTR400.

You need a USB to Ethernet for the other TiVo, and then a simple hub in the room with the two TiVos. A hub takes the single line from your router and gives you multiple inputs.

Comment

Thanks Jeff.
      I was checking my basement and found an old Netgear EN104 ethernet hub that I used back in the 90s. It was working when I moved and packed it away.
      I am thinking it should still work, but now my question will be, will it work for this TIVO network? I just went to Weaknees.com and ordered the USB to Ethernet
      adapter for the Humax DVR so basicly all I need to get or make is two ethernet cables.
      Last edited by kb7imb; 07-20-2009, 10:07 AM.

Comment

It may only be a 10 Base T (instead of 100 Base T) hub, but it should still do the trick. If it works, but you find it crazy-slow, get a 100 Base T hub, or a gigabit hub.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X