Humax DVD recorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humax DVD recorder

Well, I guess I screwed up. I assumed this was the same as my Tivos, like it said on the webpage, but would also record DVDs... I was wrong.

More info. I have Directv. Two Tivos, both with dual inputs.

I was going to replace one with the new Humax. Seems it doesn't have dual inputs and won't work without a Directv receiver???? One wonders why the webpage said, All units on this page will work with cable (including digital cable), DISH Network, DirecTV, antenna inputs, and combinations of these sources.

These amazing units combine a TiVo with a DVD player and burner all in one box! In addition, you can attach an external video player (video camera, VCR, etc.) and burn DVDs from that video. All in one unit!"

Now I have the Humax, it doesn't do what my Tivos do, and have to pay a restocking fee to return it. I find this so obnoxious I'm wondering if I can salvage this and somehow connect it to one of my Tivos. If I can, then can I make DVDs with it, DVDs of shows on the main Tivo??

Here's an old blog entry about how it works with DirecTV:

http://www.wkblog.com/tivo/2007/10/m...ivo-questions/

For the record, the Humax TiVos do NOT have DirecTV tuners in them. But they will work with DirecTV, just like a regular standalone TiVo.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      Here's an old blog entry about how it works with DirecTV:

http://www.wkblog.com/tivo/2007/10/m...ivo-questions/

For the record, the Humax TiVos do NOT have DirecTV tuners in them. But they will work with DirecTV, just like a regular standalone TiVo.
      I'm more confused than I was when I asked. You say they work with Directv, yet they have no satellite inputs... so they obviously don't work just like a regular stand alone Tivo.

Again, can I connect it to the Tivo I have now and use it to record DVDs of shows on the Tivo I have now.

Comment

You use the Humax with a separate DIRECTV receiver, just as you would use the Humax if you had cable and used it with a cable box.

You might find it helpful to take a look at the link that WK-Michael posted.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
          You use the Humax with a separate DIRECTV receiver, just as you would use the Humax if you had cable and used it with a cable box.

You might find it helpful to take a look at the link that WK-Michael posted.
          I would find it helpful if someone would answer my question. I'll try for the third time...

"Again, can I connect it to the Tivo I have now and use it to record DVDs of shows on the Tivo I have now."

Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
            "Again, can I connect it to the Tivo I have now and use it to record DVDs of shows on the Tivo I have now."
            Sure. Just use the red/yellow/white outputs from the old TiVo to the front panel inputs on the new DVD TiVo. Then, under Pick Programs to Record, you'll see options to record from the front panel inputs.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thank you! That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Comment

Working...
              X