DVD-RW Media Compatable with Humax DRT-800 Recorder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD-RW Media Compatable with Humax DRT-800 Recorder

I've used Maxell DVD-RW with no problems, but l decided to by some more DVD-RW's to supplement the old one's. The problem is I've purchased several different brands from several different places (Walmart, Sam's Club, Cosco and Best Buy) but I keep getting error msg about being unable to record to the disc after the recoding is done. It's not my burner as I can put one of the Maxell's DVD-RW's in and record over anything. I knos in the manual it says the burner is compatable with ver 1.1 and 1.2. None of the disc's I hav bought, which includes the Maxell's hav any info on the packages about the format version of the disc and forget asking any of the store people...they usually just scratch thier heads, say something like "Uh yeah I'll go check" then go hide somewhere. Anyone have ideas as to brands to buy...thx for any help!

You probably do need a new burner....we have seen this before, where only RWs seem to work with burners that are on the fritz.

We sell DVDs that are known to work, but I suspect it's your burner.

Comment

I'm sorry in my frustration I left out some info...I'm not having any problems with any brand DVD-R's all burn just fine. It's the newer DVD-RW's that are the problem. All my older DVD-RW Disc's burn just fine...I'm kinda thinking maybe the newer disc's are the problem!

Comment

DVD-RW problems

I have the same problem. My Humax DRT800 came with TDK DVD-RW's and it recommended using them. I did and they worked fine. I bought somemore at that time.(yellow/green) labeled box. These worked fine. I've tried memorex, and sony, with little to no success.
        Now, some years later I bought some TK DVD-RW's (now in a "redish" box) these did NOT work. They obviously have changed. What brand do you NOW recommend?
        The "original" TDK's still work fine.

Comment

Working...
        X