Power Supply Issues for R10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Supply Issues for R10

I am not a big hacker type, but I am capable of replacing a blown fuse. After 5 years of uninterrupted service my DVR R10 died upon start up when I returned from vacation. It usually is never shut off. I found the main Fuse (T3.15AH 250v) was blown. Without buying a $50.00 power supply from you guys, can't I just purchase a new fuse from you or a parts store that you can recommend? I have been unsuccesfull in my search, but I did come across your very usefull site. I would appreciate any tips that you may have.

We don't sell the fuses individually, but finding a replacement may work.

Often, though, a bad fuse means there's a short on the power supply board, so the next fuse may blow soon also.

If you do need a power supply replacement, we have them here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-power-supply.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Dilemma... I'm just a cheapo i guess. The unit had an inch of dust over the motherboard. Isn't it likely that the cooling fan, after years of service, froze upon start up and caused the unit to heat up thus blowing the fuse? The unit started up as usual then just went blank after 2 minutes. Anyway, that would leave me with having to also purchase a fan... maybe I will just buy your power supply. This economy blows like my fuse and I want my TiVo back!

Comment

Well, a fuse is definitely cheap at a hardware store, so there's no harm in trying that first.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X