Could this be a PS issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be a PS issue?

My Series 2 (TCD140060, lifetime) is stuck at "Powering up." Both lights are on (orange and red). The hard drive spins up and the fans are on.

Could this be a power supply problem? I replaced the hard drive with one re-imaged with my backup (from 2003, ha), and I get the same result.

I'm willing to replace the PS (again) if this is indeed the problem, but I wanted to see if anyone thought it could be the PS with the drive spinning up and "Powering up" displaying on the screen.

For what it's worth, the Tivo died a slow death - it would freeze up intermittently and take several attempts to restart. Finally, it crapped out.

Thanks for the advice.

That's almost definitely a hard drive problem. A "replace" kit for your model should fix the problem:

http://www.weaknees.com/tv60.php

Not sure why the second drive didn't work, but an old drive . . .
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Figured it out.

I don't think the version 4 software on the 2003 backup supported the 500gb drive I was trying to use. I reinstalled my original tivo.bak onto a 120 gb hard drive, and it worked. So, I upgraded that "new" install to current version 9 software, imaged that one, and then it worked on the 500gb hard drive. All is well again.

Comment

Great! I can't remember now, but I think it was probably 6.x that first introduced support for a large kernel.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X