TiVo Premiere/Series 4 Discussion Forum Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo Premiere/Series 4 Discussion Forum Questions

I can not find any forum on the TiVo Premier/Series 4, so I will start one until one is started up.
    I have the following questions.
    It looks like Premiere will allow me to transfer non HD shows to my Tivo Series 2. Does anyone know if my TivoToGo on my Mac will allow me to transfer programs off of the Premiere to my Mac? Will it require a new version?

Also, it looks like the TiVo Premiere supports Over the Air/Digital signals. BTW Moxie does not. In fact the Tivo Premier has two Coax connections on the back, one for cable, and one for Antenna. Does anyone know if it would allow me to designate certain channels to receive OTR, and other channels by cable. This would me to stay with my digital basic cable service, and not pay extra for the HD upgrade(about $20/month extra). I know I would only receive the local basic stations as HD(NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox and PBS) and everything else as SD, I am fine with that, because I am saving $20/month.

We don't think you'll need a new version of TiVoToGo to transfer shows from a Premiere, but as far as we know, the Mac version doesn't do it. To transfer shows to a Mac, you need TiVo Transfer which is a part of Roxio Toast.

I think your TiVo would receive both the OTA and the cable versions of the channels. You'd just need to choose which channel to use to record.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

TiVo Premiere problems

The Tivo premiere seems to have problems with locking up. Tivo just released update 14.1c to correct the problem. Most of the people with problems seem to have bought directly from Tivo through the upgrade program.

I have not read anyone with problems that bought through weaknees though.

Does this suggest Tivo is having a hardware issue? Since no weaknees customers reported problems I thought this might be the case.

Comment

Premiere remote problem

Just got a Premiere XL direct from TiVo, and the remote seems to be flaky. Randomly it will just stop transmitting when I press buttons (i.e. the transmit light on the remote doesn't flash), other times the transmit light will stay on when I'm not pressing (and the box doesn't see subsequent presses). Sometimes I can get it out of the latter state by whacking it with my hand. New batteries didn't help. I can presumably get it replaced, I'm within warranty. Posting here mainly to alert others in case this turns out to be more than a random production glitch.

Comment

We've sold a lot of these and haven't seen that. I'm pretty sure that's just a defective remote.

Comment

eSATA with Premiere?

Are you able to 'mate' one of the external eSATA drives you sold a couple of years ago to a Premiere XL? The machine can see that it's there but says it is incompatible.

Comment

Some we can; some we can't. It depends on the combination of external case and internal drive. The Premieres only work with certain hardware.

Comment

Working...
              X