DirecTV would not put my DSR7000 /17 in service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirecTV would not put my DSR7000 /17 in service

DirecTV said they could not put my old Philips DSR7000/17 in service today.
    Because it did not have a Device ID. The serial # or card # would not cut it for them. They said this was a recent change.

I had DirecTV re-install last week after being away two years and thought I would be able to use my old tivo unit but I guess not.

Has anyone else experienced this?

John

The DSR7000 has no RID chip, and DirecTV does seem to have made this change recently - no more activations on the DSR7000, HDVR2, and DVR39 since they don't have RIDs.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks Michael.

Got any ideas for alternative uses for a DSR7000?

Can it be hacked to received some other free sat signals?

Comment

Nope - that's all it can be used for.

Comment

Isn't WK selling DSR7000 refurbs?

I was about to purchase (and activate) another DSR7000 from WK, which it says are in-stock. Is that a bad idea, according to the post above? Or do certain DSR7000 sub-models have RID chip? (I presently own a DSR7000R/17)

Comment

Right - we aren't shipping DSR7000s. We do ship the DSR704/708 series, since DirecTV will still activate those.

Comment

somewhat related question.

I want to replace my Philips DSR7000R/17 unit. I don't want to lease as I have been told I will lose my east/west coast feeds. What are my options if that model is no longer supported?

Comment

I don't know what the options are regarding your E/W feeds, but we stock many DIRECTV TiVo models that can be activated, and DIRECTV will typically activate SD TiVos as owned if you talk to the access card department at the time you activate.

Comment

Working...
                X