Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDMI Splitter

I have a Tivo HD Series 3 Unit.

Right now I have the HDMI cable going to my Denon AVR-4310CI receiver.

I would also like to run an HDMI cable directly to my Aquos 65" Television and use the TV speakers - rather than the receiver surround sound.

Anything special I should know regarding the HDMI splitter??? Any suggestions? Product Recommendation??? Powered or Not???

Thanks

You need an HDMI switcher; you're talking about an all-digital signal, so it doesn't have to be fancy. If you want to be able to use a remote, you might want a remote-controlled switcher.

Comment

Switcher or Splitter

Jeff

Thanks for writing. You sure its a switcher??? Most switchers i see are multiple ins to a single out. So you switch between which input you want and then that is channeled to a single out.

I want to do just the opposite. I have my Tivo In and want to split the output............with one HDMI cable to the TV where i would use the TV speakers........
      and the other HDMI cable to the Stereo Receiver where i would watch TV thru the receiver and use my surround sound system.

Thanks

Howard

Comment

You are absolutely right; my apologies.

Comment

HDMI Splitter

Hi Jeff.......

Last question. Do you know which splitter would work. I wrote Monoprice and they indicated the 2:1 splitter powered is the right one....but they indicated I would still need to have my receiver powered on, even if I was going directly to the television and using the TV speakers.

Thats exactly just the opposite effect I am looking to do.

I want to split the signal and go direct to TV using the TV speakers.........
          or if I want surround sound.....watch the TV and use the speakers thru my amplifier.

They last said a powered 4:1 splitter would work and I wouldnt have to power on the receiver all the time.

Things doesnt make sense to me.

Do you happen to know what would work.......and which splitter, powered or not, etc.

Thanks

Howard

Comment

I'm very sorry, but we don't carry a product like this and can't make a recommendation with any degree of confidence.

Sorry!

Comment

Working...
            X