Kickstart 54 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickstart 54 question

Recently we've had some pixilation and locking up issues requiring a reboot more and more frequently. It is a Series 2 TCD24008A with an extra hard drive from TiVo ordered and installed from TiVo ~7 years ago. The TiVo tech support recommended Weaknees.com.

From what I've read here I suspect the hard drive(s) and have started a kickstart 54 overnight test. I assume it will take some time (hence the 'overnight' part of the namce). However, it has been cycling through the same 'Seek/read, random locations on /dev/hda', 'Seek time vs. distance on /dev/hda', 'Seek/read, random locations on /dev/hdb', and 'Seek time vs. distance on /dev/hdb' again and again over the past 10 hours.

Is this normal? Is it defragmenting or otherwise fixing while it is doing this test? Does anyone know the normal sequence of events in a kickstart 54 overnight test, and if so can they outline them? Thanks.

The length of time depends on the drive capacity, but that doesn't sound right. The test typically stays on one test, completes it and then moves on.

I'd suggest you try a replacement drive kit, but you can also opt for a flat-fee repair, see:

http://www.weaknees.com/tff

Comment

Working...
    X