Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue Ridge cable DTA Mini Box "powered" by TiVo service!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Ridge cable DTA Mini Box "powered" by TiVo service!

I am a customer for blue ridge cable and I got the most basic DTA Box, but when I called them up to activate it I got a email from TiVo saying that I activated a TiVo powered box. When I scroll through menus it says "Powered by [TiVo Logo goes here]" and I read through the manual and it said "Your new DTA Mini Box includes the powerful TiVo service for up to the minute guide listings, ratings and instant search", Ok on that instant search, you don't "search" for say, but when you press "Menu" on the peanut remote, there are 4 categories "Popular shows on now", "Movies on now" "Sports on now" and "Kids and family on now". The manual also states "When your DTA Mini Box gets restarted, the memory is cleared and the show window is turned off and you will see Instant search (if Instant Search data downloads before guide data) and you can pick a show from there", just like when a TiVo gets restarted it goes to TiVo Central, right? You do need to have a MoCa connection to get guide and instant search data (that was a $50.00 service fee from blue ridge) or as again the manual states "Use the external Ethernet box (sold separately) or a phone line and a splitter with your Caller ID port (if you have the Caller ID model) to get hooked into TiVo servers if MoCa is not supported by your internet modem". I think it is crazy that they were able to cram basically most of the TiVo service in a small box.

So what do you think?
Working...
X