Series 1 poor performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 1 poor performance

I have two Hughes series 1 TIVOs on Direct TV. They are the only receivers I have had and they have been running since 2002. One of the units still performs as expected, but recently I have noticed the other unit is very slow when presenting or scrolling the channel guide. The slow unit still performs fine tuning, recording, and playingback. When scrolling the Channel Guide the channel template appears but it is empty then it slowly propagates the program information. The other unit still works as it has for the last nine years. Do you have any idea what is going on?

Thanks

Tee Willy

Originally posted by TeeWilly View Post
    I have two Hughes series 1 TIVOs on Direct TV. They are the only receivers I have had and they have been running since 2002. One of the units still performs as expected, but recently I have noticed the other unit is very slow when presenting or scrolling the channel guide. The slow unit still performs fine tuning, recording, and playingback. When scrolling the Channel Guide the channel template appears but it is empty then it slowly propagates the program information. The other unit still works as it has for the last nine years. Do you have any idea what is going on?

Thanks

Tee Willy
    Sounds like a failing hard drive, and I'm pretty sure a replacement would fix it. See this page for your exact model number (probably GXCEBOT):

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-upgrade.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X