Using older Tivo Mini with new Edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using older Tivo Mini with new Edge

I've had a Roamio Plus on FIOS ever since the Roamio came out (so 8 years or so) and it is still chugging along nicely except for a nagging signal drop-off on a couple of channels that is most likely a FIOS issue.

I'm contemplating an Edge (probably for no good reason) but I'm using 4 older Minis (and have MiniVox that I haven't yet used).

Can I continue to use the old minis (I'm still using the original layout) with the Edge? I know the MiniVox is backwards compatible, but I don't know if the old minis (a mix of 92s and 93's) will play nicely with the Edge.

Finally, just for a sanity check, does it make sense to go from a Roamio Plus to an Edge - both would have Lifetime service.

You’ll have to update the Minis to make them work with the Edge, which will slow them down a little.

Not really sure it makes sense, but you would get 4K.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      You’ll have to update the Minis to make them work with the Edge, which will slow them down a little.

Not really sure it makes sense, but you would get 4K.
      Thanks. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking I may just wait for when/if the Roamio dies - especially given the 2020 Edge issues (or have those been completely squashed?).

Last edited by cb11111; 03-19-2022, 04:03 PM.

Comment

I'm not really aware of any current Edge issues . . .
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I updated my phenq review here Minis but it is not working properly as many old options are gone and from screen may be I should wait and or may be I did the wrong thing!
          Last edited by Alexandria Reese; 10-14-2022, 01:54 AM.

Comment

The Mini updates automatically based on the software of your main TiVo. You might want to repeat the guided setup process on the Mini if you don't think it is operating as it should.

Comment

Working...
            X