Failed to make THR22 happy with 4TB drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed to make THR22 happy with 4TB drive

THR22 2TB drive failed so I "cleverly" observed that replacement 2TB drives seemed to be old stock or "refurbished" so I opted for a brand new (March 23) 4TB drive, with slightly lower power an added bonus. I blithely assumed TiVo would format and use 2TB and ignore the rest. Didn't work that way. So I stuck a spare 2TB drive in and of course that worked fine.
    Still wishing I could use that snazzy 4TB drive, I used a hardware disk duplicator (StarTech) to image the working-fine 2TB drive onto the 4TB drive. Three hours later, I learn that TiVo's not fooled, and went to work failing to format it just like before.
    Is there another way to put my 4TB drive to work in the THR22?
    (JohnAx, not guest)

Originally posted by johnax View Post
    THR22 2TB drive failed so I "cleverly" observed that replacement 2TB drives seemed to be old stock or "refurbished" so I opted for a brand new (March 23) 4TB drive, with slightly lower power an added bonus. I blithely assumed TiVo would format and use 2TB and ignore the rest. Didn't work that way. So I stuck a spare 2TB drive in and of course that worked fine.
    Still wishing I could use that snazzy 4TB drive, I used a hardware disk duplicator (StarTech) to image the working-fine 2TB drive onto the 4TB drive. Three hours later, I learn that TiVo's not fooled, and went to work failing to format it just like before.
    Is there another way to put my 4TB drive to work in the THR22?
    (JohnAx, not guest)
    Nope. 2 TB is the max we've been able to make work in a THR22.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X