tivo premiere and external hd connect. failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tivo premiere and external hd connect. failure

Hi-have just purchased a Premiere and am having a problem getting it to mate with an external WD EADS(?) drive I installed in an external Esata case. The drive was formatted for use in a HD Tivo, was keeping it as a spare. The Tivo sees the external drive, and attempts the mating procedure. When it comes back up, the drive has not been added. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

The Premieres will only mate to WD DVR Expander drives, without some Linux work.

Because of this limitation, and the fact that we see tons of failures of the DVR Expanders, we really recommend internal upgrades for these units:

http://www.weaknees.com/prm3.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

This is the drive used in the WD Expander series, just put in a 3rd party Esata case. I purchased it as a spare after I replaced a previous drive in an Expander unit hooked up to my Tivo HD.

Comment

It won't automatically work unless it's still in the DVR Expander case.

Comment

Sorry, but I thought the Tivo unit looked at the hard drive model #---?

Comment

It does, but there's a more specific model number on the drives in the DVR Expander. It goes beyond the six digits.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X