Using Existing WeaKnees Extermal HD on Premier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Existing WeaKnees Extermal HD on Premier

We have a WeaKnees external hard drive (328E S-U2eS) that was used on a Tivo HD that we'd now like to move over to a new Premier. I tried turning both units off, turning on the HD for 15 seconds, and then turning on the Tivo but it doesn't see the external HD.

Is there something special we need to do?

That just won't work at all.

Did we pair it to your TiVo HD originally?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

There wasn't anything special at your end I don't think. I just ordered it from you folks and plugged it in.

Comment

That's just not possible unless you don't have a TiVoHD, but instead have the original Series3, TCD648250. In any case, it won't work on a Premiere unless we get the TiVo+drive.

Comment

Premiere Elite

I am considering purchasing a Premiere Elite from WeaKnees, but have a couple questions. First, does it utilize 4 cable cards, or just one? My Series 3 has two cards in it for the dual tuners. Second, I may have suffered an internal HD failure on my Series 3 and I'm wondering if my 1TB WeaKnees external drive will work with the new Premiere Elite.
          Thanks, Bob

Comment

The external would have to be reprogrammed here with the Elite for it to work, and may need a new case.

You just need one multistream card in these units.

More info about the Elite is here:

http://www.weaknees.com/elitefaq
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X