Can't get past network setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get past network setup

My Premier XL is going to need to go in for warranty work, and since I can't live without it, I went out and bought a new Premier Elite. I no matter what I do, every time I try to go through the guided setup, it keeps coming back to the "Begin Network Connection" screen. I have watched it download and load the info at least a dozen times today, and no matter what I do, I keep being taken right back to that screen. I have Charter, they supposedly have tuned the cable card, though it doesn't work and a tech is supposed to be out tomorrow, but even without the card installed, and going through the setup, I am repeatedly brought back to this screen. Someone PLEASE help, I love Tivo, but at this point, UVerse is looking better all the time.

Does it see your network? Are you hardwired or wireless?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Charter sent out a tech (after I had talked to 5 different phone support people), and he was useless. He just told me I must have a defective cablecard, and to go get a new one on Monday. I finally decided to try starting from square one, with the tuning adapter out of the circuit and everything went perfectly. Once I was done, I reinstalled the tuning adapter and everything is still working great.

Comment

OK - we did use to give the advice back in the day to completely set up the TiVo first, and then install CableCARDs and a tuning adapter. Sounds like that's still a good idea in some cases.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X