Re-orging A TIVO Drive vs replacing That Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-orging A TIVO Drive vs replacing That Drive

I have an SD-DVR40 Directv w/tivo. A couple of years back, I replaced the original drive with a 750 GB replacement hard drive that is now starting to freeze on me at various times when watching recordings or live tv. Before replacing the 750GB drive, I am wondering if it is possible just to do a reorg of the existing drive (after backing the contents up using BCHMEDIA TIVO COMPANION instructions) to see if that would help solve my problem before spending approximately $100 or so to buy a new drive when money is extremely tight. The next paragraph contains the detail steps I plan to take to re-org my drive if it is feasible to do so. Can it be done? If so, am I leaving steps out, etc. Please critique these thoughts and give me your opinions on this matter!

**Before I totally replace my existing Tivo drive, I would like to just remove the tivo drive and attach it in an external drive case to the pc using a USB cable. I know to back the tivo drive up first using BCHMEDIA directions. Then, I would like to just be able to re-org the drive so that it would mark any bad sectors as "do not use".***

Sorry - we really don't know anything about that software, and there's no way to defrag or reorg a TiVo drive in its file system.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X