R10 Video Display Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R10 Video Display Issue

I OWN a DTV/Tivo R10 that has horizontal lines that drop down continously in the picture. I thought the glitch was my TV, so I did not do anything during the 1st 90 days. I used a standard coaxil cable....the lines are still there, but it is not as noticable cuz the pic quality is low. This is a waste on an LCD TV with S-Video/YrCbr capabilities. I later deduced that it was not my TV, but indeed my R10 because my DVD player did not have the same issue.

DTV's offer to me is to give them a 2-yr committment, send in my R10 and then receive a non-Tivo DVR for $20 shipping. I can't tell the model # on their website, but it is an H-20 or something like that.

They tell me that the lease deal above will be invalid if I try to get a 3rd party to fix the issue on my own. They also tell me that they've got my information of file so I cannot try to cancel my service to get the same deal and DVR as a new customer (they would not admit to me that new customers get a better deal than the old.....they don't have to send in anything that they OWN).

I'm not happy with their lack of intellectual honesty, but that is beside the point. The technical problem was their fault to begin with, they tell me its my responsibility and they've got a standard-package deal for me....but only if I give up my Tivo box.

I'm REALLY concerned about switching boxes. I don't care that much about a 2yr committment....I happen to like the programming....although wanting 1 channel in the "Sports pack" sucks. I'm REALLY concerned about a lack of reliability and the ease of use of the user-interface sw of a DTV DVR.

Here is what I think my options are:

1- Nothing. Live with the lines that are seen with an S-Video Cable.

2- Spend Money. Get a new box and Tivo Service. Not viable at the moment.

3- $20 Box. Take the offer, hope I like the box and software.

4- Fix my R10. Void the $20 offer and risk putting my box in someone else's hands. Weaknees seems like they may have insight and warranty the work that they do. I'm leaning this way for the chance that I can get the technical issue resolved on my R10.

5- Ask DTV for the $20 lease deal, but only with an R10. Is this even probable?

If someone could offer up some advice....it'd be greatly appreciated. If you have specific questions that can help you deduce an issue, please feel free to ask on this forum or via e-mail.

Thanks,

JBizzle

To be honest, that sounds like a motherboard issue, and we wouldn't likely be able to fix it. You should either get a unit from here (and DirecTV may be interested in reimbursing you for it):

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-tivo.php

Or you can take their R15. More info about that unit is here:

http://www.wkblog.com/2005/12/the_we...compariso.html
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X