DirecTv THR-22 (New DTV TiVo) remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirecTv THR-22 (New DTV TiVo) remote

I received my THR22 from WeaKnees last week, and started getting it ready. To get around the issue of no being able to port the Wish List and Season Pass from my HR10-250 to the THR22, I just went to DirecTv.com and used the on-line guide to add Season Passes. I'll add the ones that don't have any upcoming shows as Wish List items and then add them as a Season Pass entry. This made re-creating the Season Pass much easier.

Mostly, THR22 does what was predicted/advertised, I'm not unhappy, and it costs more per month for the service. Ta da BOOM.

Is anyone else annoyed how the Peanut remote was modified? Was this a DTV or TiVo enhancement? To me, it is like Coca-Cola making "New Coke".

The only complaint I had about the original DirecTivo Peanut remote was the location of the Power button,and that was a nit. Other than that, it was (is) an elegant, uncluttered remote. The shape is important, too, but the type of buttons was spot-on.

One thing I REALLY liked on the old Peanut was the "Now Playing" button. Now, you have to press the "TiVo" button on top, scroll, then select "Now Playing".

Also, the old Peanut had an "Exit" button. Now, to "Exit" you need to press the "Live TV" button - not intuitive. Not a big deal at the end of the day though once you know.

Now, they have a "Zoom" button in the same place as the "Now Playing" button. Does anyone really use "Zoom" at all or that often? Personally, I've never used it.

IMHO, the only buttons on a remote should be frequently used shortcuts to create an uncluttered device.
Working...
X