Premiere in reboot loop every morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere in reboot loop every morning

I was given a Tivo Premiere recently. It was upgraded fresh out of the box with a 2TB Seagate ST2000DL003 hard drive. I don't know if it operated properly before, it had never been used. It appears to work perfectly under normal operation, but every morning it is found in a reboot loop. The "Just a few minutes more" screen is displayed, then it goes black, all the lights on the unit flash, and it returns. A power cycle restores it to normal operation. Any thoughts? I have the original 320 GB hard drive on hand that I could swap back in, although I'd hate to lose any of the content we've recorded, and redoing the setup would be a pain. EDIT: CableCard on FIOS HDTV service, if that's relevant.

I'd suggest you put the 320gb back in to see if the problem is drive-specific.

Comment

I ran the SMART and overnight tests last night and the drive passed them all. I did notice under DVR Diagnostics on the Tivo that the SNR is 37 and the RS Uncorrected was ~500 and the RS Corrected incremented every second or so. When I called Tivo they had suspected an issue with the signal. I will buy some 10 dB attenuators and start plugging them in to see if that helps.

Comment

Sounds good - you could also have the cable company come out to check the line.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X