Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CableCard now integrated into new Premieres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CableCard now integrated into new Premieres?

I currently have a TiVo Series3 and an (original) Premiere, both bught from weaKnees of course. I've had multiple Series2 units in the past. In short, while I've been using TiVos for a long time, I don't go all the way back to the Series1 boxes. Recently, I heard a comment from a Premiere-owning (not sure which flavor of Premiere) friend that "CableCards are no longer required."

He mentioned that TiVo "did a deal" (presumably with CableLabs) and integrated the card functionality into the base hardware.

Well, having been BURNED by Tivo on the "one M-Card vs. two S-Cards" issue before, I think I'll check this out before investing time/effort/money into new TiVo(s) with "integrated CableCard(s)." I don't hold weaKnees responsible for any of the Series3/M vs. S-Card issues by the way. TiVo and Comcast, well that's another story...

So, has TiVo in fact integrated muti-stream CableCard functionality into the newer/newest Premiere units?

This is completely untrue. All Premieres need a CableCARD. You can use a single multistrieam card, but you definitely still need a card.

Comment

Working...
    X