What else is needed for PremXL setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What else is needed for PremXL setup?

I'm not new to TIVO as I had DTV in Illinois a couple of years ago. I retired to Florida and I miss TIVO but here I have BrightHouse cable.

I want to buy a PremXL but I'm not sure what peripheral components I need to get it to work.

I do not have (conveniently) ethernet or USB network connections where the TV is.

Firstly, is the cablecard controlled over the internet connection or does it get its info to operate from the cable connection?

Secondly, if I do need an internet network connection why can't I just use a generic G or N Wireless adapter in lieu of the "TIVO" network adapters to establish a network connection?

Lastly, I will not require HULU, Netflix, and so on as it is available on my VIZIO tv wirelessly and again I'm asking if this is a reason that as network connection is required by TIVO?

Thanks in advance.....

The CableCARD and the whole TiVo require either internet or phone service, and internet is the far better option.

The TiVo adapters do some compression/decompression in the adapter, and TiVo has just made them the only compatible models.

But you definitely need internet or phone for this to function, and phone requires an adapter also. The only "free" connection would be ethernet.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks. I guess I'll get that ethernet cable to the back of the tv!

Comment

Working...
      X