tivo hd series 3 external hd going bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tivo hd series 3 external hd going bad

My tivo is having external hd problems rebooting daily...
    I have removed all recording i do not want but still hase about 15 left.
    I have also tried to move recording to pc to save but have failed.
    Can i remove external drive without loosing recordings?
    I also was given a premeir tivo that I could hook up but does not have activation.
    Will it let me move recording to it without activation?
    I have lifetime programing on my unit now.
    thanks for any help

So how do you know that it's just the external drive? Have you done a kickstart? You should start with this:

http://www.weaknees.com/54

If you divorce the external from the internal, you'll lose any show that's even partially on the external, and that's usually most shows.

As far as transferring to a Premiere, both would have to be active on the same TiVo account. But if you can't transfer to a PC, a transfer to another TiVo isn't likely to happen either.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Check your model number. I recently sent in HD series 3 in for repair to weaKnees for rebooting issue. After being diagnosed as bad hard drive and me paying to replace it, plus cost of repair; I still had the problem. I raised the issue and was advised by weaKnees to take it up with TIVO because they had a recent surge of issues around model number TCD652160. Struggling with the direction, because I have another TIVO, same model number (and on same cable network), without issue. Per weaKnees, if you have model number with TCD652160, it is likely something besides hard drive failure - at least that is my interpretation.

Comment

I don't think we're still seeing a rash of problems around that model number. Are you still having issues with your TCD652160?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X