RF Remote extender for TiVo XL4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RF Remote extender for TiVo XL4

I’m trying to find out if the RF remote extender works with the TiVo Premiere XL4 remotes. I have an earlier version of the extender. The earlier version does not work with the XL4 remote.

What does your version look like? We have not heard of problems using it with an XL4 remote.

Comment

RF Remote extender for TiVo XL4 (Update)

I went ahead and purchased a RF Remote Extender (although not from WeaKnees). The new extender works just fine. The problem with the older model is the base unit. After some testing I found the older version (mine is about 8-10 years old) is not capable of reproducing the IR signals from the TiVo XL4 remote. The old transmitters work fine with the new base unit. I have two different remotes, a series 2 and a XL4 remote, controlling a TiVo mini from two separate rooms by using my old transmitter and the one that came with the new extender. The bonus is the new base unit seems to have a larger range than the old version.

Comment

OK - interesting that it's the base station and not the transmitter. But we're glad to hear the new one is doing the trick.

You got a nice long life out of the old one!
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X