Programs seem to be disappearing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programs seem to be disappearing.

I usually have 200-400 shows in my deleted programs. And I usually page up 20-25 times. Last week, I was below 200, so I deleted many programs before I went away for 3 days. When I returned, I noticed that I was only paging up 12-13 times.

Yesterday, I noticed I was down to an unheard of 54 in deleted files. So, I deleted even more. When I went to bed, I had at least 74 in deleted, but awoke to 54 (again)

I don't KUID, I don't record suggestions, I don't do massive recordings. I do see that many of the programs I have saved since I purchased in 2011 are gone as well as many others.

Do you have a clue what could be happening and what I can do to stop this cannibalizing of my TiVo? Help!

Thanks,
    Moorph

HD TiVo 1350/150 Hours bought in 2011 (from Weaknees)

I can only guess that you have a lot of long scheduled recordings forcing older recordings off the machine.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      I can only guess that you have a lot of long scheduled recordings forcing older recordings off the machine.
      ROFL yes, that was a pretty wild guess. Maybe reread my post and the information contained therein? Or maybe ask someone who might be familiar with this sort of problem?

Further details (even though you didn't ask) I am permitted max 280 SD shows and 59 deleted (some of the shows are more than 1 hour and some are 1/2 hour, but considering there should be room for 1241 SD hours, that's pretty lame. Today, deleted was down to 47 (as opposed to usual 400 even when I have 1000 shows recorded)

Yes, this is an unknown problem, even to me! Hope you all can put your heads together and give me some ideas.

Comment

I'm not sure how you've set up recordings, but if you're using WishLists, maybe some of your shows are now recording in HD, and taking up much more space.

Comment

No, I am not recording in HD. My Weaknees TiVo with supposedly 1241 hours of SD now has under 400 SD hours. Yes, I do record many wishlists, but I have zero HD recordings.

Aha! I see that my problem has you stumped! So, in order to help me, try to suspend your disbelief and accept that I am reporting accurately. If you will ask questions that perhaps I haven't addressed, that will help me help you help me. Please don't brush me off because this isn't something you are familiar with.

It's as if part of the disk has been marked "bad" or perhaps, reverted to the original disk. I don't recall if Weaknees put in an extra disk or one large one, but I wonder if part of it is simply excluded for some reason. I get no error messages and everything seems fine. The system reports that I have 1241 SD hours, but, as of last week, seems to limit me to about 400 hours.

I have long considered sending the unit back to Weaknees for a space upgrade, and perhaps the time has come to do that! As I have TiVo Lifetime, Premiere isn't in my budget!

Comment

We've never seen a unit self-limit its space. If your System Information says 1241 hours, you should have it.

Can you post the model number of the unit?

What channels are you generally recording?

Comment

Thanks Michael. I never did either until last week! It doesn't make sense, especially since I can't find others with the same problem.

It's an HD3 --1350/150 Hours with a 1000G disk. It has an Mcard but not TA. I record virtually all analog so I can record more programs. And I've been thinking of sending back to you all for a space upgrade so I could, perhaps, record some HD!

I have changed some recordings to KUID this week, to prevent them from being cannibalized as half my recordings have gone. I know that takes more space but I needed to protect them. Before that, I did NO KUID. I also deleted a bunch of SPs, but nothing has changed the balance.

Comment

I'm pretty much out of ideas. If you send it in for an upgrade, we can certainly take a look and likely figure out the reason for the limited capacity.

Comment

Working...
                X