Roamio remote will not control Yamaha Receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roamio remote will not control Yamaha Receiver

I have tried unsuccessfully to get my Roamio Plus remote to control my Yamaha receiver.

I have tried all the recommended Yamaha receiver codes. I have tried channel up through all of the codes as the tivo.com support's remote instructions recommends. There is one that shuts off the power and I am able to turn receiver back, use the volume up and down and the mute button, and I press the enter button the roamio plus remote to accept. Unfortunately, when I am out of the programming mode the remote does not control the receiver like it did when it was in programming mode. The power button and volume keys will only control my TV and not my receiver like it does in program mode.

The online tivo instructions mentions that a tivo learning remote can learn to control a receiver if you are unsuccessful at programming a remote with the preset codes.

My question is: Can I buy a TivoGlo or TivoSlide remote, use the learning function on it to program my Yamaha receiver's remote, and still be able to use it on my Roamio Plus Tivo?

Yes, a TiVoGlo and a TiVo Slide will both work just fine with the Roamio.

Pretty strange about the way your remote reacts with the Yamaha receiver.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X