Directv THR22-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Directv THR22-100

I have a THR22-100 HD TiVo receiver. I just bought a brand new Samsung un40eh5300f television. I can't get the HD programming to show. It's all fuzzy like non-hd would look. Netflix and blue rays look amazing. I have a brand new HDMI cable, a brand new replacement receiver, and the receiver shows that it is set to 1080i. At this point Directv is at a loss. Am I missing something on my TV? Is this receiver not really HD?

That's really HD - not sure what's going on. Could it be the channel you're viewing?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      That's really HD - not sure what's going on. Could it be the channel you're viewing?
      It's definitely on an HD channel. In fact Directv uses channel 265 as their test channel and it doesn't work. I think it's on their end. Twice they've assured me it's active on their end. In fact, we've been paying for HD this whole time without an HD TV because my wife NEEDS TiVo. Yuck. Anyway, is there some sort of service reset or master reset on their end they could do to ensure the signal is truly HD?

Comment

They can deactivate and reactivate the card.

What dish do you have?

Comment

They can deactivate and reactivate the card.

What dish do you have?
          I have one that looks round with a triple LNB. Suspicious about that, too.

Comment

Yeah - you don't have an HD dish, I'm pretty sure.

Comment

Yeah - you don't have an HD dish, I'm pretty sure.
              I think we are on the road to solving this. The dish is correct. Apparently I'm missing some sort of filters where the coax enters the box. I also had the incorrect dish chosen during setup. We will see. Thanks!

Comment

So it's a non-SWM dish and you need B-Band converters? That makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                X