Understanding 2TB/2TB external hard drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding 2TB/2TB external hard drive

First time every posting anywhere! Just got Weaknees 2TB/2TB external hard drive, and not installed yet. There are 7 "Modes" listed, where can I read what they mean? If I choose to use this as a 4TB external hard drive, and then at some point I can not retrieve the videos, if I send it to Weaknees (or if referred to someone else) would they br able to retrieve the videos? How do I switch from 2TB/2TB (therefor not having backup to my backup) to 4TB? THanks phone)

Don't touch that dial! We set it here for the way you ordered it. If you move it, it'll cause pretty serious formatting issues.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I have not touched the dial, or installed the unit yet. The instruction sheet says: {If your DVR supports the backup function (contact us if you have questions), then the "SAFE" setting will provide backup. Otherwise, the "F A S T" setting will use the entirety of the two drives for content, giving you storage space equal to the capacity of both drives.}
      This would indicate to me that I have another option with this system, that is why I asked the original questions. Is it possible for me to change the setting and use 4TB for memory? The other question related to using 4TB and if something happened to the system would it possibly be retrievable?

Comment

Sorry, but no, you can't change it. Sounds like we may have included an instruction sheet that we should have pulled out before shipping.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X