Roamio audio output question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roamio audio output question

After six years of living in an area with no high-speed Internet and no cable, my wife and I are building in an area where we can once again join the 21st century. We'll have cable and Internet through Time-Warner and I'm thrilled to be able to join the Tivo community once again. Knowing we're only about four months away from our new home we took advantage of the awesome deal Tivo just offered and picked up a Roamio Plus with lifetime programming for just $599.

I have a question about the audio out ports on the back. I had heard the the analog audio out jacks are disabled if you are using the hdmi port. Does anyone know if this is true? We plan to have Sonos multi-room audio as well and I'd like to have the hdmi port feed my home theater receiver and the analog audio out ports feed into the line-in on one of my Sonos devices so that I can feed the satellite music stations into my Sonos system. Does anyone know if this is feasible? Does anyone out there have a similar setup?

So much has changed in the past six years that I feel like a newbie all over again. For that matter, I guess I am. I look forward to learning all the new features and technologies.

Thanks to anyone willing to reply.

- Byron Followell

I've never heard that, and it's not true! The audio ports are always active.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Super! That was exactly what I was hoping to hear. Thank you very much for your reply Michael.

- Byron

Comment

Working...
      X