1st time Setup for Romio OTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st time Setup for Romio OTA

Currently, I've got a DirectTV dish that routes cable to 4 TVs. I want to drop DirectTV soon. I've purchased an antenna and I'm looking at purchasing a Romio OTA.

My goal is to
    1. Record network TV shows.
    2. Pause live TV shows while I'm watching them.
    3. Watch different live or recorded shows on 2 or 3 TVs at the same time.

I'm pretty sure I have cable running to each TV right now. I know some of my current config is wireless, but I know I routed cable at some point in the last 10 years of riding the Comcast->Dish->DirectTV merry-go-round.

I've got Prime, Netflix, & Disney+ and a 50 MIPs fiber connection, so I think the challenge is just getting the 3 goals listed above, so I can watch the few network shows that we're still excited about.

So I'm trying to anticipate what kind of issues I might need to deal with.

I'm pretty sure my location (North Seattle) will allow me to pick up the network content pretty well. I'm a little concerned about attenuation once I start splitting that antenna signal. Guessing I might need some inline amplifiers here and there, but not sure that's all I'll need.

Hoping to get a list of issues that just haven't occurred to me yet.

Thanks in advance,
    JPK

Originally posted by jopakent View Post
    Currently, I've got a DirectTV dish that routes cable to 4 TVs. I want to drop DirectTV soon. I've purchased an antenna and I'm looking at purchasing a Romio OTA.

My goal is to
    1. Record network TV shows.
    2. Pause live TV shows while I'm watching them.
    3. Watch different live or recorded shows on 2 or 3 TVs at the same time.

I'm pretty sure I have cable running to each TV right now. I know some of my current config is wireless, but I know I routed cable at some point in the last 10 years of riding the Comcast->Dish->DirectTV merry-go-round.

I've got Prime, Netflix, & Disney+ and a 50 MIPs fiber connection, so I think the challenge is just getting the 3 goals listed above, so I can watch the few network shows that we're still excited about.

So I'm trying to anticipate what kind of issues I might need to deal with.

I'm pretty sure my location (North Seattle) will allow me to pick up the network content pretty well. I'm a little concerned about attenuation once I start splitting that antenna signal. Guessing I might need some inline amplifiers here and there, but not sure that's all I'll need.

Hoping to get a list of issues that just haven't occurred to me yet.

Thanks in advance,
    JPK
    One Roamio is meant to feed one TV. For additional TVs, you'll want a TiVo Mini at each of those.

If you have coax running to all TVs but you don't have Ethernet running to all TVs, you will also want a TiVo Bridge (or possibly two if you can't get ethernet to the Roamio OTA).

Comment

Working...
    X