hr10-250 gets either OTA or Satellite not both

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hr10-250 gets either OTA or Satellite not both

The title says it all; I purchased a used hr10-250 from comp usa going out of business, got it home, all is well, but I can't get it to work with both ota & satellite... went through the guided setup, selected off air & Satellite and it scans off air, recieves them just fine, but then sees no sat channels. select sat only, it sees all the sat channels, but no off air. Maybe I'm missing something?

Try a "clear and delete everything" then redo setup for both and see what happens.

Also, are you using a diplexer in there?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Well, at the risk of hijacking my own thread, after some repeated attempts, suddenly it decided to work. No diplexer, by the way, just the two Directv sat inputs, and an off air antenna hanging on the back of the unit. But I am left with a couple of questions... I use Vonage, have for a while and have had no problems calling in on my old Phillips SD Tivo, thanks to the WeaKnees external modem kit (thanks!) but because this HR10-250 was a floor model, it hadn't called in for a while. It has vers 3.1.5 etc software, and I understand that it has gotten as high as 6.something. So when I force it to make it's daily call, I guess it is trying to download the new software (maybe?). Anyway, it chugs along saying downloading, phone in use, for well over an hour, then stops, says call failed due to an interuption. This continued to happen all night long, so I don't believe there were incoming calls or other internet use going on. Do I care about the newer software??? I mean should I care?
      And, seperately, while watching I think only in 1080i, ocassionally there will be a burp of what seems to be lost signal for a second or so. (I have very strong signal strength) Screen goes black, comes right back. the unit is not reseting, at least not clear back to the beginning, just a quick burp. Am I in the process of learning the "don't buy floor models" lesson, or is there possibly something else going on that I don't understand?
      Wow, this turned into a long post. Sorry. Anyway, Thanks for the info...

Comment

As far as the connecting - dialing interrupted - issue, that might be a bad drive. It may be trying to write data to the drive, then failing when it can't write it all properly.

The 1080i glitches could also be the sign of a bad drive. We have new drives here:

http://www.weaknees.com/hr10.php

If you get one, be sure to get a "replace" kit.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I need a way to have my hr10-250 to make a call using VONAGE. I set my phone prefix to *90 and then let it try to dial , but it doesn't connect. Any more ideas?
          Thanks,
          Bob

Comment

Try an external modem:

TiVo Modem

And/or try some different numbers, such as those in Manhattan, NY.

Comment

Working...
            X