any practical use for a series 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any practical use for a series 1?

i have an older series 1 tivo that i ground scored. it is one of the original phillips tivo boxes. the power supply and 20GB western dig HD are in working order.

is there any practical use for this thing? and good hacks to use some of the functionality of it?

or would i be better off just buying a new series 2 or series 3 unit if i wanted to add a second tivo to my account (i have a lifer on my series 2) to have multi-room tivo?

right now i am looking at the case and wondering if i can stuff a mini atx board in there and make a myth/sage box out of it.

Some people use these just for pausing live TV and for manual recordings with no subscription. But to get the real TiVo experience with all of the networking features, you really do need a Series2 or Series3 unit.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      Some people use these just for pausing live TV and for manual recordings with no subscription. But to get the real TiVo experience with all of the networking features, you really do need a Series2 or Series3 unit.
      Is there a step by step instructions somewhere on how to accomplish this? I also have an old Phillips SA1 that I would like to use for manual programming.
      Thanks
      Alkap

Comment

Just boot it and you can go to the "pick programs to record" area and schedule manual recordings.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X