THREE HR10-250's Dead after long brown-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THREE HR10-250's Dead after long brown-out

A couple of weeks ago, we had a bad wind storm that knocked out power It took over 30 hours to get the power back.

The power was not completely out, certain very low power devices, such as LED lights, would stay on. Technically, we had a very prolonged "brown-out" because while most appliances would not work at all, most incandescent lights would operate at about 3% of their normal brightness.

I have DIRECTV with receivers in 5 different rooms of my home. After the power came back, THREE of the HD receivers went TOTALLY DEAD. All three dead units are HR10-250's. (One additional HR10-250 survived, as did my non-HD unit).

The dead units do not illuminate their status lights, do not respond to pushing their buttons, nor send any signal to the TV monitors.

The units are under warranty with DIRECTV and they have offered to replace them for free. There are two problems with that solution;

1) They have stopped making the HR10-250 and have ceased using the TiVo interface, which I greatly prefer.

2) I have lots or recorded programming on the dead units what I would like to keep.

I'd like to get these three dead units up and running. Any advice? Power supplies, hard disks or what?

We emailed you directly also - best bet is to bring them in since we're close to you, and we can do a diagnosis and figure out what the story is with each one.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X