checking out a maxtor drive in a linux PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checking out a maxtor drive in a linux PC

My Pioneer DVR-810H is stuck on the "Powering up" message. I'm trying to check the hard drive in my Linux PC. for some reason, it's not seeing my Maxtor drives (it sees the 2 SATA drives just fine). Any idea what I need to do to make Linux see the Maxtor Tivo drive??

It may just be that the drive is that dead. It should show up in the boot logs if it works at all.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

That's what I thought - doesn't get recognized by the BIOS for some reason. Guess the drive is hosed. Does weaKnees do replacement drives that preserves my lifetime subscription??

Comment

Yes - our kits absolutely preserve your lifetime subscription. Just be sure to get a replace kit.

Comment

How would that "replace" work if the old drive is hosed?? Can I ship my old unit to you guys and have you do the upgrade??

Comment

Yes, you can ship it to us, but the "replace" kit has the OS on it and is ready to plug in and go, so that would work fine also.

Comment

just installed the "replace" kit's drive - my wife's Tivo is back and operational. Totally easy/painless. Amazing service.

Comment

Excellent! Glad to hear it.

Comment

Working...
                X