Series 2 Strange Startup Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 2 Strange Startup Failure

I have an upgraded Series 2 that was working happily for several years on a cable setup (2 drives 120/160GB). I recently moved house, shut it down and left it in it box for a couple of weeks. Now I finally have time to set it up again (thank god for bittorrent in the meantime) and I have a strange startup issue. I haven't even addressed connecting it to DTV (all I can get in my building).
    I connected it up directly to the tv to the AV input and it boots, green light, Powering Up and then Almost There screen. However, after a couple of minutes on Almost There, the TV loses the signal and the green light goes out. The Tivo is still on, the drives are spinning and reading/writing, defragging or whatever it is they do but I have no video out anymore.
    I am sitting in front of it now, and it is rattling away healthily but no video? What is up with it?
    In the cable setup before, it was on S-video out and now it is connected to composite video out but that works for the first few minutes before the signal drops.
    Does anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong? Is it not bad enough that my S3 is a paperweight while I am stuck with DTV - do I have to lose my S2 Tivo too?

TIA, The Capn

You could try a different video output and see what you see.

It's also possible that you put the unit in standby before you unplugged it. If that's the case, you should be able to press the "TiVo" button on the remote and wake it.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X