Toshiba SD H400 Keeps restarting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toshiba SD H400 Keeps restarting

My unit is 2 plus years old. I recently had problems with it continually restarting. It says it is scheduled for a VCM update in about 20 minutes. This time happens to coincide with another reset. When it restarts it will work marginally until the next VCM scheduled update. The menu options work slow, the audio cuts in and out and the video sometimes will momentarily freeze on live playback.

I want to verify if it sounds like a hard drive problem or a power supply problem. I'm on the road right now, so I can't verify if the DVD players functions normally during this time frame.

Thanks in advance

Axel

That sounds pretty much like a drive problem. If you had a bad power supply, it likely wouldn't boot at all.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I'm having this same issue, been using the Weaknees CD to go from an old hard drive to a new one. And now it seems that with either hard drive the unit starts up for about a minute and then restarts itself.

Comment

Originally posted by mdellinger View Post
        I'm having this same issue, been using the Weaknees CD to go from an old hard drive to a new one. And now it seems that with either hard drive the unit starts up for about a minute and then restarts itself.
        Not sure which CD you're referring to, but if you're taking the software from the old drive and loading it on the new one, sounds like you may have inadvertently transfered over some software corruption.
        That's all there is to it!

Comment

I tried imaging the hard drive without saving the recordings to minimize any issues that may have come later. Is there any way for me to fix the corrupted software? Or is the only option another image?

Comment

No way to repair the corruption, I'm afraid. You'll probably need to use an entirely new image.
            That's all there is to it!

Comment

Is there any place I can get a new image from? I had tried using InstantCake, but was having trouble using the USB port for connecting through the network, and it looked like the Tivo Basic would no longer be available.

It seems that the restarting corresponds with accessing recorded video on the hard drive (The Now Playing area, Live TV, the Todo List). I've already gone through and reset the settings and that didn't seem to help

Comment

We can reformat a known-working drive for you with the correct image. More info is here.

Comment

I need a backup image file for my SD-H400, my hard drive crashed. Can I get a copy from anyone

Comment

See the link above - you can send us the drive and we can reformat it.

Comment

Working...
                    X