Continuous yellow light on Philips Series One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous yellow light on Philips Series One

I have a Series 1 Philips machine that I put a new hard drive in several months ago. I have had no problems with the machine since then. Yesterday evening, I noticed that the yellow light was on--I didn't think anything of it, just assumed it was downloading data over the modem. However, when I went to bed it was still on, and this morning, it was still lit.

The machine seems to be functioning correctly--I was able to back up through live TV, all the menus work, etc. But the light just stays on.

Anyone seen this before, or have any suggestions? Should I just unplug it, wait a bit, then plug it back in?

Thanks.

Have you tried just rebooting the unit? That usually fixes wayward lights.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the response. No, not yet--I assume you reboot through the systems menu somewhere? Hopefully that doesn't wipe out all your data/programs?

Comment

Actually, you can do it via the menus, or just pull the plug. As long as you choose the right menu option, or just pull the plug, you won't lose anything.

Comment

OK, that's what I was going to do--pull the plug.

Just wanted to make sure this was a glitch that does happen sometime (hey, it is a computer after all), and no a symptom of something dire.

Thanks again.

Comment

That's all there is to it. Tell us how it goes.

Comment

Mystery solved (I think)

Well, when I got home this evening the yellow light was off, and there was a new Tivo message--there were a whole mess of channel lineup changes, like several dozen. I suspect it really was downloading all of that time, putting the new lineup and schedules in.

Thanks again for the quick response, though.

Comment

Working...
              X